Car recycling is a very important process, not only because parts or metals can be reused, but also because in the long term the state of the environment can be considerably improved, eliminating carbon dioxide emissions. In addition to this, when recycling an old car you can receive a good economic compensation.
But how is this process done? The recycling of cars is carried out in companies specialized in the subject, which have the adequate space to collect large quantities of cars and sell their parts, as well as having the necessary machinery to perform the compression of the car.
In essence, the recycling process for cash collection Perth is done following this procedure:
- The owner of the car is responsible for carrying out the legal process that requires the sale of the car for recycling. This process is simple and does not require much time.
- After the car is sold, it is moved to the company or recycling plant that will be responsible for the following processes.
- A decontamination process is carried out. This process consists of removing the batteries, liquids, oils, plastics, textiles and wiring, making an assessment of which part or parts can be recycled.
- If the engine is running, then it is removed from the car. Otherwise, the motor is maintained and a compression of the metals is made, reducing their volume to store them.
- Parts that can be recycled are sold or sent to a repair process. Everything that cannot be recycled is discarded or taken to a landfill to be burned.
The car decontamination process is the most important part of the process, due to the fact that an evaluation is carried out to determine which parts are worth recycling and which are not. Keep in mind that this process is done by experts in the field, who work in reputed companies.
How Much Can You Get For Selling A Car For Recycling?
The cost of a deteriorated car can depend on the damages it has and the condition of the engine, which is the fundamental part of this machine. Then, depending on these factors you can get up to ten thousand dollars, having that the best cars are those that are built of resistant materials have a good physical integrity.
What Should Be Done Before Selling The Car?
Before making the sale of the car, the owner must make a series of legal processes to remove the car from the records in the region where he lives. To carry out this action it is necessary to eliminate any insurance that the vehicle has and take the car registration to the organizations in charge of keeping that in order.
Depending on the laws of your region you can use that car registration again or it can be completely eliminated from the system. In any case it is necessary to carry out all legal processes before making the sale of a car for recycling purposes. In certain cases you can ask for some proof that the car was successfully recycled.