Getting that dream house, or job in another town or city, requires one to consider the services of a professional mover. Moving can be very exhausting and stressful. Anyone who has never moved before may underestimate the value of a professional mover, here are some advantages of using one:
- They have the skill set needed to load items on and off the truck with fewer risks of damages to your property.
- They are equipped with special supplies such as protective blankets and shrink wrap, which protect your items. Some of them offer crating solutions for the most fragile home or office items.
- Using professional movers means less work for you and therefore less stress.
- They are fast and reliable.
- The boxes are well labeled making unpacking very easy.
- They use innovative commercial transport trucks that haul belongings to your destination.
- Some of them unload and unbox your products.
- Some companies allow you to store items which you do not use regularly but which you still wish to hold onto, in their storage containers.
This article looks at some tips for finding the best moving companies in Charlotte NC. There so many moving companies in Charlotte that offer services for those moving locally (a distance of up to 100 miles) while others offer services for long distance movers. When it comes to payment, some charge per hour while others charge per mile and some charge depending on items being moved. Services offered moving companies in Charlotte, NC, include residential moves, commercial moves, moving antiques, moving pianos, as well as moving fine art.
Tips On Choosing Quality Movers:
- A good mover should perform a thorough walk through of all your belongings in order to determine the weight of all the items.
- Reputable and well-established movers do not demand you pay large sums of money as deposit. Paying a large percentage of the total sum in advance means you will have absolutely no control over the process.
- Ask around for references on moving companies they have used before and which ones to avoid at all costs.
- Do due diligence and avoid companies that have had a name switch any time in the past.
- Any good company takes complete inventory of everything you own to determine the weight as this will be determining factor for the price.
- Be cautious for extra fees charged for things such as moving to or from a top floor, living in a narrow street, or lack of elevators.
- Always avoid signing contracts that are blank. Make sure every contractual item is in writing for future reference. This includes pick up and delivery dates and a list of any extra fees. This is very important in case there is need to file a claim.
When deciding which moving company to use, consider the different and additional services they offer, pricing, whether they are fully insured or not, distance they cover, and so on. It is easy to check reviews online and see what people’s experiences have been with these companies.